1. A Web Browser sends a request for an ASP .NET file to a web-server by using URL
2. The web server, IIS, receives the request and retrieves the appropriate ASP .NET file from the disk or memory.
3. The web server forwards the ASP .NET file to the ASP .NET script engine for processing.
4. The ASP .NET script engine reads the file from top to bottom and executes any server side script it encounters.
5. The processed ASP .NET file is generated as an HTML document and the ASP .NET script engine sends the HTML page to the web server.
6. The web server then sends the HTML page to the client.
7. The web server then sends the HTML page to the client.